Siklis Ecotrekon Friday, September 3, 2010
This beautiful camping trek is a great introduction to the beauty of the Annapurna range and to the Buddhist Gurung culture. Siklis is one of the largest Gurung villages in Nepal and offers an opportunity to learn about this unique traditional culture. A model trekking village, Siklis is a central part of the Annapurna Conservation Area (ACA).
On this trek, we explore the northern side of Pokhara, which offers amazing views of the entire Annapurna range. You will see Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Fish Tail and other giants from a uniquely scenic angle. This moderate trek starts and ends in Pokhara and goes no higher than 2000 metres, a great , short trek for anyone coming from lower elevations.
Dramatic views of the Himalayan peaks of Macchapuchare, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Lamjung and Manaslu. Rich bird and wildlife. Gurung, Brahmin, and Magar villages.
Daily from September to late December and February to late June
Also Scheduled Group Treks
Read our helpful check list before booking
Itinerary can be customized according to your needs and length of stay.
Day 01 – Arrival in kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu or Bhaktapur. Short briefing will follow concerning the necessary formalities and your trekking itinerary. Depending upon your arrival time you may spend free time visiting nearby sanctuaries or resting.
Day 02 – Kathmandu to Pokhara
Travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara, on the shores of scenic Phewa Lake..
Day 03 – Pokhara to Thulakot
Drive to Bijaypur Khola (river) and then on to Thulakot, with the ruins of a hilltop fortress and views over Pokhara. Overnight in our camp.
Day 04 – Thulakot to Taprang (5 hours)
Trek through spectacular scenery to the village of Taprang with its steep terraced hillsides. Overnight in Taprang.
Day 05 – Taprang to Lamakhet (5 hours)
Trek to Lamakhet, a picturesque village along the Modi river. Overnight in Lamakhet.
Day 06 – Lamakhet to Siklis (4 hours)
Trek to Siklis, passing Parju Village along the way.
Day 07 – A rest day
Explore Siklis and take the opportunity to observe the daily life of the Buddhist Gurung people.
Day 08 – Siklis to Thumke-Danda (5 hours)
Trek to Thumke-Danda and overnight.
Day 09 – Thumke-Danda to Pokhara
Trek for approximately 3 hours to Phedi Khola and then drive to Pokhara (4 hour drive).
Day 10 – Fly or drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 11 – Kathmandu
Departure from Kathmandu.
The trek program is – because of weather or unforeseen events – subject to change.
Services and costs included in the price
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Three nights hotel accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Licensed and trained trekking guides
- Porters for carrying goods and supplies
- All accommodation during trek
- All meals and hot beverages whilst trekking
- Transportation to and from trailhead
- All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
- National Park/Conservation Area entry permit
- Equipment such as sleeping bag, tents, mattresses
- Cooking equipment
- Camp-site charges
- Insurance, medication, and equipment for staff
- Coordination of Quick Rescue service (costs covered by your insurance plan)
Services and costs NOT included in price
- International airfares
- Travel/trekking insurance
- Excess baggage charges more than 16kg and hand bag more than 5kg in domestic flights
- Visa fees
- Airport departure tax
- Rescue charge
- Drinks (cold and alcoholic)
- Expenses of personal nature
- Permit and liaison officer fee (where applicable)
- Lunches and dinners whilst not trekking